Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year - A New Opportunity


Today is 1st January. 2012 has come. Happy and peaceful new year to you and your all-family members. A new year is beginning from today. Lead a fresh life from today’s morning. Don’t look back for what you have done in 2010 or 2009 or 2008. Human life is precious. Our life is our capital. Focus on your `life building and character making` process. This is our main work. All other works are secondary. We are ignoring our primary work. From today, take a pledge seriously that I will make my life beautiful and meaningful. I will make my character perfect, neat and clean. From today, I will not spend a moment without any positive work or thought. I will read at least ten minutes any holy books, which will give me mental strength. I will spend at least twenty to thirty minutes for my physical exercise. I will try to concentrate my mind. I will develop my human relations and think for others. I will pray at least one minute for others. I shall be punctual and honest in my office. I shall pay respect to my parents and other seniors in the society.

This is a matter of practice. If you seriously try to do your everyday work with a positive view, you will gain. If your view is negative, your time, money, everything will be meaningless. As a result, your whole life may be restless and unhappy. What do you want? A peaceful happy life or a restless unhappy life?

If your option is the first one, then don’t waste our valuable time. Development of 3H (Head, Heart and Hand) is essential. Time is going on. Today is 1st January, after some days, there will be 31st December. Again, we will prepare ourselves from the midnight to welcome 2013. Make your daily routine and strictly follow the routine. Always think positively. Because, positive thoughts will bring the positive results. Our human life is a gift of God. We can make it beautiful. We are the makers of our own life. We can make such a beautiful life, which can feel for others. We can expand our heart. We can pray for others. Self-centered life style will not give you actual peace and happiness. Swami Vivekananda wrote in a letter to his brother-disciples of Alambazar monastery, ` Arise! Awake! and stop not till the goal is reached.` ` Life is ever expanding, contraction is death. The self-seeking man who is looking after his personal comforts and leading a lazy life – there is no room for him even in hell.` (C.W. 6: 294)

We are observing our society today. There are different types of problems. Our standard of living is increasing day by day. At the same time, our human qualities are gradually decreasing. Our external life is blinking, but our inner life is neglected. We know the problems. But, where is the solution? Character - is the answer. If we ignore our inner life, our inner life will also ignore us. As a result, we have to lead a defeated life.

Come forward. Lead a life of `Man`. This is the age of science. In every field, we apply scientific outlook for the analysis. Practice the theories of `man making and character building` in your own life. I am sure, if you practice seriously with a positive direction, there must be development in your life. But, faith, respect and above all `sincerity` must be there. Sincerity is the main thing.
 Swami Vivekananda once said to his disciple, Sri Saratchandra Chakraborty, ` My hope and faith rest in men like you. Understand my words in their true spirit, and apply yourselves to work in their light. ………. I have given you advice enough; now put at least something in practice. Let the world see that your listening to me has been a success.` (C.W. 7: 175) 



No comments:

Post a Comment